Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - March Reveal, Part 1

Woo! It's reveal time!

For my March Monthly Challenge, I thought it would be fun to do a muffin tin challenge. (For more of an introduction to the challenge itself, go here.) After all, it's the 2-year anniversary of my challenge... and if one project is good, then 12 projects should be awesome!

Heh.

Although it was rather rough (so. many. projects), I am very happy to report that I actually finished all 12 of them! Now, granted, I didn't post them throughout the month like I thought I would, but that's all right... That just means you get to see them all today. Hurray!

As a reminder, this is what I started with:



And this is what I've ended with!



Okay, okay, I realize that the above picture is quite a jumble... It certainly doesn't show off everything that I made to the fullest.

So, I'm going to go through those cups one at a time! Starting at the top left, working my way down each column, I am going to do a rolling reveal today. My goal is post a new project every hour, starting now.

Let's get started!

First up, here's what was in muffin cup #1:


As you can probably guess, I picked the colors of this project based on the hues found in the pendant. 

As far as materials go, the pendant is dragon vein agate, which I coupled with freshwater pearls, two shapes of carnelian, iridescent glass, and a handmade clasp by Bronze Age Jewelry



With those beautiful components, this is the set that I made:



Ta-da! A necklace and--not one, but three!--pairs of earrings.

I chose to make the necklace using the simple stringing method... Partially for the sake of my wrist (going into this challenge, I knew that I couldn't wire-wrap every project this month), and partially because I wanted the red and orange to be more predominate in the design (wire-wrapped links adds a lot of metal to a necklace, and space out the color more).



For the earrings, I honestly couldn't decide on one particular design... And so I went with all three.



So, there you go! That's the first project that I made for this Monthly Challenge!

Come back in an hour to see the next project!

---
Want to see the other projects I made for this challenge? Here are the links:

Project 1 (you are here!)
Project 2
Project 3
Project 4
Project 5 
Project 6
Project 7
Project 8
Project 9
Project 10
Project 11
Project 12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)