I participated last year, and had a wonderful amount of fun. Something really appeals to me about taking little bits and pieces of miscellany and making them into pretty things. And I certainly had a lot of miscellany on my table this year! (My golly, my projects really do add up... the term "craftermath" really applies to my work area. Hah!)
But, before I get to that, I need to show you what I started with. Be warned, what I'm about to show you isn't pretty. You see, for the first part of the challenge, I had to actually unearth my table enough to use it.
So! I turned this:
Ha! It's not perfect, but it's so much better than it was.
All of my loose beads that had been sitting on the mat were sorted... the paper beads and focals went into one container, while everything else went into a green vintage bowl:
...Now we're getting somewhere! From there, I was able to start picking out different earrings combinations:
And then, I was able to start creating! In 15-minute spurts over the course of a few days, I came up with these:
What can I say... I enjoyed myself! (And had a lot of beads to work with. Heh.)
And now, it's time for close-ups! I do apologize... this is a very picture heavy post. I guess it's what happens when I end up going overboard and making 17 pairs of earrings. (Yep, 17!)
And here they are, all together:
There are tassels and crystals and paper beads. And, interestingly, 7 of the pairs are asymmetrical--almost half of them. For someone who likes symmetry so much, I'd say that's pretty good!
Thanks to the talented Erin Prais-Hintz for once more challenging me to use my leftovers. Be sure to hop over to Earrings Everyday to see what everyone else made for this challenge... I'm sure there will be some lovely things to see!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and letting me share my creations with you... Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!