Friday, September 15, 2017

We're All Ears - September Reveal

Did you know that today is the third Friday of the month?

...Neither did I. Heh. Apparently I still have vacation brain, because I was taken by surprise when my calendar alerted me that today was the reveal for this month's We're All Ears challenge

What's more--I hadn't even thought about making something yet. Oops!

This month's inspiration: sunflowers!
Not my photo... Taken from the Earrings Everyday blog entry introducing this challenge.

Still, this afternoon I was able to sit down at my craft table and poke at my beads. I was rather surprised to find I have a fair amount of yellow beads... And I even had little sunflower charms! Apparently hoarding beads sometimes pays off. ;)

So! For this month's edition of "ack I need to make some last minute earrings," I present the following: 


Pretty little sunflower earrings!


These earrings were made with a combination of glass and brass and 26 gauge wire (thicker wire completely overpowered the dainty seed beads). Even though they're fairly long, they are actually quite delicate and light... Like the petals of the sunflower itself, and just as bright!


So, there you go! Thank you so much for stopping by today to see my last minute earring pair. Be sure to stop by the Earrings Everyday blog to see what everyone else made for this challenge... With such talented artists and a lovely subject, I'm sure everything will be beautiful. :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go! You cranked out something absolutely perfect for the challenge. Sometimes when I have little or now time I come up with the best results. As I always say, if it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful earrings! If these are made in just the last minute I wonder what beauties you make when you have enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the earrings are fun to look at and They look more planned that last minute work to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This last minute creation has quite a lot of detail and has turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desperation is the mother of invention? LOL. Great job pulling something super cute together at the last minute. Some of us happen to work best under pressure! Lucky that you had those adorable charms. I hope you'll consider playing along with our September Honey Do List challenge over on my blog to continue on the sunflower theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)