Saturday, December 6, 2014

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop - Reveal!

Hurray! It's time to reveal what I made for the 2nd Annual Bead Hoarder's Blog Hop, hosted by the one and only Lori Anderson!

I had high hopes of making lots of pieces for this blog hop, but because of other things going on (hurray new house! hurray moving!), I was only able to make one set. 

But! It's a lovely set... And, to make it, I used this pendant:


 
That? Is a fused glass piece made by the talented Marianne Baxter over at Simply Seablime Jewelry (the above picture was from the original listing). I acquired it shortly after participating in 7th Bead Soup Blog Party--because Marianne was my wonderful partner that year, and I wanted to buy more of her work.

So, why was I hoarding it?

Well, simply because I wanted to do it justice. It really is a lovely pendant, and I wanted to make it into a necklace that really highlighted the artistry that went into it. Of course, that desire led to trepidation, which led to me not touching the pendant at all until this challenge.

But, I was finally able to get over my hesitancy... And here is what I made:


It's a necklace and earring set, made with glass in shades of purple and green, paired with gold-plated metal. The construction is pretty straightforward--wire wrapped links--which I hoped would not take attention away from the loveliness that is the pendant.

...And now, for more glamour shots:








So, there you go! I really do love that pendant, and I'm glad that I signed up for this challenge--because it means that I finally made something with it! 

Thanks so much for stopping by... Please feel free to go here to see the list of all the wonderful participants in this blog hop (there are almost 100!), and be sure to stop by Lori's blog to see what she made!

Thanks again, and have a wonderful weekend everyone!

34 comments:

  1. Great color combination and the set looks really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pendant is so gorgeous I can see why you were hesitant to start working with it- the pressure!
    You rocked it though and set it off to perfection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new house.

    Congratulations on the new piece of jewelry. Those are marvelous colors. I often do similar things- grab a piece I adore and then wait for time and inspiration to do it justice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The gold touches off the fire of gold in the pendant perfectly. I think you definitely did it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous set ready for you to enjoy now. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny, Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. You did a great job of showcasing that lovely pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you showcased the pendant! The colors are all complimentary but not overwhelming to the focal. The texture in the beads ties back to the texture in the pendant, too - very well made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I have to say you definitively did that focal justice ! Such an amazing set :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've showed it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pendant and well chosen beads to complement it.. well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and brilliant designs! Love the color palate too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely and colorful. That pendant begs to be handled. I'm sure you will get lots of compliments while wearing any of these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The beaded chain was the right way to go :) It lends just a bit of style on it's own, while pulling your eye down to that beautiful pendant :) congrats on doing your treasure justice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have quite a few statement focals in my stash for the same reason. I can't seem to come up with a design I think will do them justice. Your set is lovely and you made great color and design choices to highlight your pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful pendant & you more then did it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful! The focal is awesome! The beads set it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your necklace is very complimentary for that focal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a particularly good dichroic glass pendant with lovely texture. I have an entire drawer (hangs head in shame) of dichro glass, and I'm always stuck. You did the right thing, in the less-is-more design -- let that pendant SING! Such a great job.


    Thank you so much for participating, and don't forget to post your pieces in the special Pinterest board, http://www.pinterest.com/limamike/bead-hoarders-blog-hop/, and join the Facebook group (also welcome to your friends) www.BeadSoupCafe.com -- hope to see you at other hops!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did the pendant proud! This is a very pretty set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning pendant and you absolutely did it justice, the perfect color combination and a complimentary design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, you pulled the colors from that fused glass perfectly. I love a simple beaded chain and it goes so well with the pendant. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful piece. I can see why you were hoarding it. The finished piece is really inspired. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simple but beautiful pendant and you wire wrapping is great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous pendant to start with, I love the accent colors you picked to help make it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. No wonder you were hoarding this pendant. It's one of the prettiest dichroic pieces i have ever seen.
    I like that you let the pendant speak for itself and kept the design simple as to not overwhelm this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, what a beautiful pendant. I can totally understand why you have hoarded this one. But you made a lovely design with it, letting the pendant "do the talking"

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow, what a beautiful pendant. I can totally understand why you have hoarded this one. But you made a lovely design with it, letting the pendant "do the talking"

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your necklace. It more than does justice to that amazing pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful pendant and lovely necklace and earrings to go with it. Sometimes I intimidate myself right out of making things with my favorite artisan beads. It's easy to put too much pressure on yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I Love the set. Beautiful. I think you did a wonderful job with it. Now you have a new set to wear while enjoying our new home...Thanks for participating. I will be watching your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful pendant all the colours work so well together, I love it!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  32. That pendant is amazing and I think you did a wonderful job of showing it in just the right light!!! Have a Blessed Night!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love it!! Your set is fantastic. The colors goes very well together.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I loved the focal piece The cilors are beautiful . I can understand shy you would was to keep it great sork. Thanks for sharing gina. gina-design.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)