Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Pretty Palettes - April 2018 Reveal

On my worktable this week: a last minute Pretty Palettes necklace!

How last minute, you ask? Well, I had the idea, found the beads in my stash, and put it together--all yesterday. Hah!

First things first, though... Here is the lovely, muted color palette that Molly Schaller put together for this challenge:


Now, I was delighted when I realized that I actually had pearls in roughly each of those colors... So that was what I focused on: a pretty color-blocked pearl necklace. 

Here is the teaser that I posted to my Instagram yesterday, while I was still deciding on what to make:


...And here is what the final necklace looks like!


The gradient goes from peachy mauve to sage green to dusky blue to cream to copper-brown. The sizes increase from back to front, as well, adding additional visual interest. Silvertone saucers divide the sections--offering continuity, even as the shapes and colors of the pearls change.


You know, I don't think these pictures quite do this necklace justice... It is simple and elegant, and the gentle gradient really is quite lovely.


Thanks so much to Molly and the people over at Halcraft for putting together this challenge... And now, to go share these pictures on my other social media platforms! (They have migrated the Pretty Palettes reveals over to the Halcraft Facebook group, and I'm trying to get in the habit of participating there. Don't worry--I'm not going to give up posting this on my blog, too... What can I say, I like it here! *grin*)

Thanks for stopping by... Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)