Friday, April 15, 2016

We're All Ears: April Inspiration

It's the third Friday of the month (already!), which means that it's time for the We're All Ears April reveal! Woo-hoo!

This month's inspiration, perfect for Spring, was all about fiddlehead ferns--their gently unfolding leaves, and the unfurling spiral that gives them their name:

Not my picture!
From the Earrings Everyday blog post introducing this month's theme.

It was the fiddlehead's spiral that caught my attention for this particular challenge. As soon as I saw the above picture, I knew what I wanted to make.

And so, from that inspiration, I made this pair of earrings:




I made the spirals are made out of heavy gauge wire, and accented them with crystal teardrops and filigree leaf charms. These earrings actually turned out exactly as I had pictured them--and, all in all, I think they do justice to the inspiration! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and be sure to check out what everyone else made! (Found here.)

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. The earrings look lovely, graceful and free flowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The earrings are beautiful. I love how you created the metal swirl and attached the leaves and beads. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! I love how the spirals look like they're coming out from the leaf. And the green crystal drops are the perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and elegant! Perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Your spirals are just perfect and the added leaf charms are a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are delightful! I love the color, the spiral and the added detail of the leaf. Perfect! Thank you so much for joining in the fun! Please check back on May, 6th for our next We're All Ears challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely design. Your wire spirals are gorgeous and I love how you accented them with the leaves up top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)