Friday, April 28, 2017

Pretty Palettes - April Reveal

It's time for Catch-Up Reveal #2! Yay! (Again, for why I'm a bit behind, you can read yesterday's entry about my recent misadventures.)

This reveal is for April's Pretty Palettes, hosted by the Halcraft blog.

The inspiration for this month's palette was work by the incredibly talented Heather Powers of Humblebeads... namely, her painting on the left, which was also turned into a design for a fabric contest (on the right):


Not my pictures! All credit goes to Heather Powers. :)

From those works of art, the following palette was derived:


...and from that palette, these are the beads I picked out to use:


Now, I usually start off trying to use the "official" Pretty Palettes beads, but this time I decided to deviate a little bit... or, rather, a lot. You see, I couldn't quite find the shades of green in the original palette at my Michaels (they were in the middle of shifting their inventory around). So! I decided to go with shades of teal and blue instead. 

Once home, I did a little digging in my stash, which lead to the discovery of a perfectly matching ceramic pendant. A little bit of designing, a little bit of knotting, and a little bit later, this was the result:



This necklace is made almost entirely with the beads I picked out... There are three additions: the aforementioned pendant, the toggle clasp, and some mint green crystals that I found in my stash. (Also from Michaels, if you're curious.) 



It is hand-knotted on waxed linen, and 17 inches long. (Sidenote: that's shorter than I've been making necklaces recently, but it works well to have the pendant lying nicely on the collar bone.)


And so, there you go! That is what I made for this challenge. I truly enjoyed working with these colors--not quite pastel, but close. I think this was the perfect palette for April--especially since my yard is currently full of happy purple flowers, the same color as that pendant. :)

Thank you to Molly Schaller and the Halcraft blog for hosting this challenge... and thank you, readers, for stopping by to see my reveal! Please feel free to stop by the official reveal to see what everyone else made!

...And now, I'm going to go work on the reveal for my personal Monthly Challenge. I know that my original reveal date was today, but it may not be posted until this weekend. We shall see. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Is it possible to fall in love with a necklace? Because I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I love the pendant with the beads. It feels like a celebration of the return of sunshine and spring flowers! Even though you deviated from the palette a bit, it still totally reads as part of the game. Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)