Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Pretty Palettes - August Reveal

Last month's Pretty Palettes was centered around the bold, primary colors of Marimekko. This month... well, this month is a bit more subdued.

Don't believe me? Well, here is the inspiration picture:


And from this picture, here is the beautiful palette that Molly Schaller picked out:


To go along with those warm and earthy colors, here are the beads that she picked to go with them:


Aren't they lovely? 

For my creation, I picked out almost the exact same beads... Well, with a few substitutions, based on the design idea I had in my head. :)


Now, because I've been so busy this month with travel (I'm not kidding--I just got back from a vacation with my family, and now I'm headed back to Maryland for a friend's wedding), my necklace isn't completed yet. 

Still, I didn't want to show up today empty-handed, so at least I can show you what I have made so far!

Here's a hint:


If you guessed that I'm making a tassel necklace, you're correct!


So far, I've only finished the tassel part. It's a combination of Czech glass, crystal, ceramic, shell, wood, and red tiger eye--all wire-wrapped together and made to cascade like a waterfall.

  
Oh, and I chose silver-plated findings to echo the light-ness of the sky in the original picture.


I'm taking the rest of the beads with me on Vacation #2, so that hopefully I'll be able to finish this necklace soon... We'll see how that goes!

Be sure to head over to the official reveal on the Halcraft blog to see what everyone else made... My thanks to Molly for putting this challenge together, and letting me play along! And thank you for stopping by today to see what I'm in the process of making! :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I can see where you are going with this. Love the tassel! Can't wait to see the finished product! Great Job!

    Veralynne
    www.veradesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)