Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - March Reveal, Part 5

I have procured coffee, and now it is time for the fifth reveal of the day!* Hurray!

So, first things first... Here is what was in the fifth muffin cup:


Bling!

Quite different from the last reveal, don't you think? Instead of being earthy and brown, this collection of components is full of rhinestone-and-red goodness. The materials are: crystal, silver-toned metal, glass, and stone.

And here is what I made!



...Again, I changed up the materials a bit. Instead of the bright red crystals, I substituted some dark silver/grey ones. I thought that they just looked better in the final design. 

And, once more, I chose to use stringing... I started off this design making wire-wrapped links, and, well, it wasn't quite bling-y enough to match the focal. Stringing enabled me to use those rhinestone spacers in abundance... And I'm please with the final result!






...You know, this would match the red dress for this month's Pretty Palettes, too. Since it was made with quite a few Halcraft beads, I think I might include this as an unofficial entry for that, too (in addition to the blue dress, which I posted about yesterday).

So, that is Project #5! 

You guessed it--come back in an hour to see Project #6!

---

* - For those of you just tuning in, I'm doing a rolling reveal of all the projects I made for March's Monthly Challenge... It was a muffin tin challenge, and there were 12 projects overall.

Want to see the other projects I made for this challenge? Here are the links--I'll be sure to update as they are posted:


Project 1
Project 2
Project 3 
Project 4
Project 5 (you are here!)
Project 6
Project 7
Project 8
Project 9
Project 10
Project 11
Project 12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)