Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - March Reveal, Part 4

Fourth reveal already? You bet!*

As a recap, I've already shown off everything from the first column (all the way on the left). That means that it's now time to go down the second column:




So, what materials were in the fourth cup? 

I'm so glad you asked!

These materials were in the fourth cup:



In that picture, you can see (from top to bottom): garnet chips, leather cord, ceramic donuts, Czech glass, and brecciated jasper.

Now, this was the first project of the challenge where I started to deviate a little. In other words, I didn't use all of those components I had picked out, and actually added some others.

As I worked, I added some antique bronze pearls into the mix...


Oh, look, a tassel in the making.

...And eventually the leather cord was removed from consideration.


A bead pattern is starting to emerge.

And so the design evolved from what I thought it was going to be (something simple strung from a leather cord) into this: 



Yeah, this is so much more complicated than I had originally intended when I had gathered the materials... And that is a good thing. I am really, really happy with how it--and the matching earrings--turned out.






...I will be honest, though, and say that making it was incredibly time-consuming. It seemed to take forever to do all of those wrapped links, especially since the necklace is fairly long--not at all conducive to working fast. 

Still, I would say that it was worth it!


So, there you go... That is Project #4 of my challenge. 

Come back in an hour, and I'll show off Project #5!


---
* - For those of you just tuning in, I'm doing a rolling reveal of all the projects I made for March's Monthly Challenge... It was a muffin tin challenge, and there were 12 projects overall.

Want to see the other projects I made for this challenge? Here are the links--I'll be sure to update as they are posted:

Project 1
Project 2
Project 3 
Project 4 (you are here!)
Project 5 
Project 6
Project 7
Project 8
Project 9
Project 10
Project 11
Project 12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)