Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Pretty Palettes - February 2018 Reveal

It's my third reveal today! Woo-hoo... I'm on a roll!

This particular reveal is for this month's Pretty Palettes challenge, put together by the talented Molly Schaller and hosted by the Halcraft Collection. I will probably also be sharing these pictures on my Instagram and the Halcraft Facebook Group, but it's always fun to show what I've made on my blog, too.

The inspiration for this month's Pretty Palettes was this colorful collection of recycled plastic coaster tiles by BOPE:

Not my photo!
Taken from the Pretty Palettes Inspiration Post, who in turn got it from BOPE.

I have to admit, I really love the gradient shown here. Here is the palette that Molly picked out from that lovely collection of colors:

  
...So cheery! 

Now, this is where I usually show you the picture of the beads that I bought/used to go with this challenge. In this case, however, the beads that I originally picked out didn't get used. At all. My vision kept shifting and changing. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of the final selection of beads that I used. Sorry!

Still, hopefully the necklace I made will make up for it:


Yep! It's a tassel necklace. 

Oh, and if you're thinking that I missed one of the colors (white), look closer at the material I knotted the necklace on... Yep, that's right! White waxed linen. (I felt so clever when I decided to do that. Hah!)



I don't have much to say about the construction of the necklace itself... once I finally settled on the design, everything just fell into place. I'm particularly pleased with the tassel, and the way that it pairs with the focal bead... it has wonderful weight and movement, without being too heavy or cumbersome. 


So, there you go! That is what I made for this challenge, and the final piece that I have to show off today. Thank you so, so much for joining me for all of these three reveals... I always appreciate my readers, and today is no exception! :)

Have a lovely last day of February, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)