Friday, July 15, 2016

We're All Ears: July Inspiration

It's a reveal day! 

I really do love reveal days. (Seriously, I'm not just saying that. It means that I get to share all of the fun things that I've been working on!) 

Today's particular reveal is for this month's We're All Ears challenge, hosted by Earrings Everyday.

And what was the inspiration this month, you ask? 

Hot air balloons!

Not my photo!
From Unsplash, credit Daniela Cuevas

When I was quite little, I lived in in a row house in South Baltimore--a row house that was across the street from a park. One day, a hot air balloon landed in that park... and I got to see one up close for the very first time.


Now, I don't remember the actual details of why the balloon had been there (I've asked my mum to see if she can look through photos/journals to figure that part out, and will update if she finds anything.)... But, oh, I remember the balloon! And since I was such a little person, it was even bigger than it would seem now. And not just big, it was bright and magical! Enough to make any child dream of getting in one and floating away.

Remembering that amazement and wonder, I made two pairs of earrings to go along with this challenge... One pair that more matches the form of the balloons, and one pair that matches the color:


Pair #1
First up: the form on the hot air balloons. Due to the sharp contrast between the bright silver and the dark blue, this pair was exceedingly difficult to photograph. 

Hopefully, though, you can see what I was going for--the little bead cap baskets underneath the blue stone teardrop balloons.


Pair #2
For this second pair, I focused more on the bright and bold colors of the balloons. To that end, I paired colorful swirling glass with brass findings. They really do make me think of seeing a sea of colorful balloons against the brilliant blue of the sky!





So, there you go! That is why I made for this reveal. Thank you so much for stopping by! Be sure to stop by the Earrings Everyday blog to see what everyone else made. 

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. the beads are perfect for this challenge. I like the last pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done. The pair with the colorful swirl beads are especially fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute earrings! Love the colorful glass beads: they lighten the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some perfect beads for this! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! Both pairs are super cute! Love the colors in your second pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a magical moment that must have been for a child! I can see that it would color your imagination! I love the shape of the blue pair. The "basket" underneath is perfect! And the swirls in that glass are so close to the inspiration photo. Thank you for joining in the fun of the We're All Ears challenge. Join me on August 5th for our next inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)