Friday, June 17, 2016

We're All Ears: June Inspiration

Strawberries!

They're one of my favorite fruits, a delicious summer treat--and they also just so happen to be the June inspiration for the We're All Ears challenge over at the Earrings Everyday Blog

Yum!

Not my photo!
Credit: Danielle MacInnes, via Unsplash

I have very fond memories of going strawberry picking when I was little--the bright summer days and the stickysweet berries. I also have very fond memories of all the tasty treats that were made as a result--yay strawberry shortcake! 

As far as this particular challenge goes, however, I didn't think that I was going to get a chance to participate--partially because it's been such a busy month, and partially because I didn't think I had anything strawberry-ish in my bead stash. Not enough to do them credit, at least.

However, yesterday I was poking around on my bead table... And, well, one thing led to another, and the next thing I knew, I had whipped these up:


Ta-da! Stylized strawberry-inspired earrings!

It all started with those dark red dagger drops, which are plain undecorated glass. As a silly whim, I decided to paint some "seeds" onto them...



...Yep, I used nailpolish. Don't judge. :)

(I had hoped to use some of my nicer acrylics, but I was in a bit of a hurry--and my nailpolish collection is rather extensive, so I thought I might as well use it! Heh.)

Now, the final product looked a little more like leopard or cheetah spots, not really seeds... So, I decided to pair them up with some leaves and some wire-wrapping to make them feel a bit more strawberry-ish.



These earrings are extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear--I'm actually doing so right now!

And while they aren't quite what I wanted (the daggers aren't berry-plump, and I think those are actually grape leaves), they still make me smile. Hurray for summer and happy memories--and hurray for strawberries!

Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I made for this challenge... And, of course, thank you Erin Prais-Hintz and the Earrings Everyday Blog for putting this challenge together!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. your earrings are beautiful and elegant.
    Nice job for whipping just whipping them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meeting someone else with an extensive nail polish collection. I have a new rule. I can't buy anymore! I love how your earring turned out and their backstory. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad this idea to paint the seeds on came to you..these are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you! The bit of gold is perfect for these sweet earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. They definitely have a stylized strawberry vibe. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out amazing! You're very creative. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! I love that you painted your beads to make them suit your needs! Cute end product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like that you didn't hold back you just let all that creativity flow. Your earrings are pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea for creativity! I love that you painted those beads. What a clever idea! A perfect interpretation of this summer treat! Thanks for playing along with me in this juicy June challenge. Stop by at Earrings Everyday on July 1st for our next inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)