Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday's Worktable...

...and Day 2 of the FusionBeads 30 Day Challenge!

I had another project that I had planned to do today, but today's assignment for the above challenge caught my attention: to make something with our favorite color of Swarovski crystals. 

Now, while they specifically say make something with rounds or bicones or rondelles, I pulled out a rivoli set that I've been saving for just the right moment.

Apparently, today was the right moment.


The rivolis are in the front... Their color is crystal heliotrope, and they are gorgeous.
Absolutely gorgeous.

I pulled out the lapis lazuli, amethyst, rainbow moonstone, and Chinese crystal to see if I could make anything worthy of such loveliness. 

Here's what I came up with:


Lapis and crystal.

I used everything except the rainbow moonstone.

I love the earrings. I'm not completely sure what I think about the necklace just yet. I definitely like it (I'm currently wearing it!), but may end up tweaking it at some point. Maybe if I can find some darker amethyst, and maybe incorporate some more lapis... Still, what a delicious dilemma to have. It's hard to go wrong when you start off with such lovely crystal!

So, there you go... That's what I'm working on today. That, and my personal March Monthly Challenge--which I should be posting about tomorrow or Friday. Exciting times!

Thanks for stopping by today... I hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)