Friday, February 16, 2018

We're All Ears - February Reveal

I realize that my blog has been a little light on content this month. Still, I hope that this post makes up for that a little bit--because it's time for the reveal of this month's We're All Ears challenge! Woo-hoo! 

This month's inspiration was chandeliers.

Not my picture... From the Earrings Everyday blog.

I really do like chandeliers. I've always wanted to have one in my dining room... That project is a little further down the road, however! In the meantime, I can enjoy making earrings inspired by them. :)

Overall, I made three pairs of earrings for this challenge. The first two pairs are a bit literal, insofar as they feature Swarovski crystals that were actually taken from a chandelier. (Heh, I couldn't help it--I've been wanting to use them for earrings, and this was the perfect opportunity to do so!)

This first pair also features bronze stick pearls and Czech glass:


  
I wanted to make them feel rich and classic--using brass and bronze and warm goldtones in juxtaposition to the shiny crystal. I also wanted the different textures of the Czech glass and pearl to mute the sparkle a bit, enriching and deepening the overall look. What can I say--I'm really happy with how these turned out!

Since I had some chandelier crystals leftover, I decided to make a pair in silver, too--this time paired with silver Czech glass daggers:



While the first pair feels rich and old-fashioned (I think it's the brass that does it), this second pair feels elegantly modern... The sleek lines of the daggers and the geometric angles of the crystal, all unabashedly bright and shiny. There is no muted sparkle here! :)

The third pair of earrings takes more inspiration from the general sway of chandeliers. In keeping with the feeling of the second pair, I used silver and faceted glass paired with those same Czech daggers:




These really do have such amazing sway! :)

And with that--there you go! Those are the earrings that I made for this reveal. Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I made! Be sure to hop over to Earrings Everyday reveal to see what everyone else created. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I love the crystals. I happen to have some similar to the first two pairs, with the faceted hexagons. I love that last pair. They really speak to the challenge perfectly. Thanks for playing along with me and the Earrings Everyday monthly challenge! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's a hard call between the first and the last pairs for which ones I like the best! You did a really nice job with those vintage crystals. Any of your pairs would be the perfect addition to a party look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all beautiful! I love how these are crystal, chandelier type earrings but would look just as nice with jeans as a fancy outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the third pair. They look very elegant. I like the simplicity of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant designs. And the color scheme makes them "go with any color" perfect. The last pair are definite show stoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are fab! I adore that you used actual chandelier crystals (I considered doing the same - my blog post is coming soon). But, that last pair are definitely my favorites of the bunch. The swing and sparkle I'm sure they have is just too appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are truly chandelier earrings! I love both pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all, but that third pair is my fav...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant, vintage looking and chic, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! I love the vintage crystal pieces!! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)