Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - March Reveal, Part 6

Onwards to reveal #6!*

Here are the components that I used for this project:


A unique pendant paired with crystal, olive serpentine,
mother-of-pearl shell, and bright silver chain.

And now it's storytime!

You probably wouldn't have guessed it, but that pendant is actually a broken hairstick piece. I sanded down the broken edge and glued a beaded headpin to the top of it to make a bail. 

Now, why on earth did I save a broken hairstick piece? Well, two reasons. Mainly, I really like the design on it. Secondly--and just as importantly--I'm a sentimental sillyhead. 

You see, I was wearing those hairsticks when I moved to Ohio years ago. I happened to break them during the move, and decided to save a piece--both because I like the design (and have never seen another pair like them), and because I wanted to commemorate the beginning of this chapter of my life. 


Taking my time to figure out my design.

And now, finally, I did something with it! 

Years in the making, here are the finished pieces--a necklace, and matching earrings:





This set makes me happy--and not just for sentimental reasons. It is bright and cheerful, and sways nicely when worn. I should have done this years ago! ;)



So, there you go! Reveal #6!


We're now halfway through this rolling reveal! I hope you're having as much fun as I am... I've been working hard this month, and it's happy to be able to share what I've made!

Come back in an hour for reveal #7!

---

* - For those of you just tuning in, I'm doing a rolling reveal of all the projects I made for March's Monthly Challenge... It was a muffin tin challenge, and there were 12 projects overall.

Want to see the other projects I made for this challenge? Here are the links--I'll be sure to update as they are posted:


Project 1
Project 2
Project 3 
Project 4
Project 5
Project 6 (you are here!)
Project 7
Project 8
Project 9
Project 10
Project 11
Project 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)