Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October Pretty Palettes - Reveal!

There was no set palette for this month's , but rather an idea. That idea is best described in the words of Erin Prais-Hintz, written in her post introducing this month's Pretty Palettes inspiration:

This October create something meaningful – a piece of jewelry, an accessory or decorative object – that you can gift to one or two friends to let them know that they matter to you and to remind them to take time out and be good to themselves.

Now, I knew who I wanted to make something for (one of my best friends), but I was really struggling on just what to make. 

So, I asked her if there was anything she wanted. In response, she mentioned that she was hoping that I could make her a multi-color wrap bracelet. (Or, rather, a "llama bracelet"... named after the awesome fashion sense of one of my Anthropology professors in college, who did ethnological research in South America and thus wore colorful and cheerful llama sweaters to class. Honestly, Anthropologists tend to have the most awesome outfits... I want to be like that when I grow up!)

So, with that inspiration, I picked out some 4mm mis-matched multicolored beads at Michaels:


Then I went digging through my stash, and came up with a few more 4mm beads to add to the mix:


And here is the multi-color bracelet that I made for her! 


And, if you look closely, you can tell that I actually used way more beads than I previously pictured. So. Much. Color!

...I really, really had fun making that bracelet.

So much fun, in fact, that I made one for me, too! It's like adult friendship bracelets! ...or something. Heh.

Her bracelet is on the left, and mine is on the right.

Now, these bracelets are slightly different. For instance, her bracelet is made with brown cotton cord (she is vegan):


And mine is made on black leather:


I also kept almost all of the colors in the pattern the same, but made hers slightly more brown overall:



Here is the comparison while worn... Mine is on the left, hers is on the right (they aren't perfectly lined up, but you get the picture):




I truly enjoyed making these bracelets, and hope that they remind both of us to take time out and take care of ourselves. After all, we're worth it. :)

So, there you go! Thanks so much for stopping by... And thank you, Halcraft blog and Erin Prais-Hintz, for another month of wonderful beading inspiration!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful present! I agree...sometimes knowing what that special someone would want you to make is sometimes better than a surprise! I love these wrap style bracelets. Have always wondered about how to make them but never actually tried. I could see they would be addicting! Thanks for jumping in and paying it forward! Be sure to stop by the blog and leave a comment to be entered to win one of mine! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so much fun with all the peppy colors. great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)