Monday, July 24, 2017

We're All Ears - July Reveal

This month's inspiration for the We're All Ears challenge was music.

...More specifically, the visual representation of music.

When introducing this challenge, the very talented (and creative!) Erin Prais-Hintz included quite a few different sample visualizations for us to consider. (To see the list, go here!) I looked through quite a few of the videos, but found myself continually coming back to this piece: 


It's Debussy's Clair de Lune, performed on solo guitar by James Edwards and visualized by Stephen Malinowski (or smalin). I was fascinated by the colors, the combination of lines and circles--and the fact that it was played on guitar, since I'm so used to hearing it on piano.

So, I decided to use it for my inspiration. With that in mind, I looked through my stash and found some bubble-like circle components. I also found some pastel paper beads I had made during last month's trip to Baltimore. 

Soon, one thing led to another, and I made these:


In making these, I tried to echo the combination of lines (the vertical paper beads) and circles (the bubble-shaped connectors and the small blue rounds). I also tried to echo the colors--and even though I didn't include anything spring green, I still think it works. :)


So, there you go! That's what I made for this month's We're All Ears challenge. Feel free to hop on over to the Earrings Everyday blog to see what everyone else made, too.

Thank you so much for stopping by today... Have a wonderful week, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. So lovely! I think you definitely interpreted this perfectly. I love the colors, soft, like the music. I, too, was fascinated by this one. I adore classical guitar and this is so dreamy. Thanks for playing! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)