Friday, March 18, 2016

We're All Ears: March Inspiration

In addition to everything else that I'm attempting to do this month, I really really wanted to play along with the monthly inspiration put forth by the Earrings Everday blog, called the We're All Ears challenge.

This month's inspiration was the beautiful, beautiful art often found on the ceilings of mosques. The intricate geometric patterns and rich colors really caught my attention, especially the ones featured in this particular picture (for other beautiful pictures, be sure to check out the photographer's Instagram):

Not my picture!
Ceiling of Hazrate-Masomeh's mosque in Qom, Iran, courtesy of Mehrdad Rasoulifard (@m1rasoulifard).
I was introduced to this picture on the Earrings Everyday blog.

From this inspiration, these are the earrings that I made:


To make them, I used carnelian teardrops paired with lapis lazuli and mother-of-pearl, accented by silver-plated metal (to echo all of the white in the inspiration picture).



They aren't completely how I envisioned them, but I am still pleased with how they turned out. After all, it's pretty hard to go wrong when using such beautiful materials--and when inspired by such a lovely picture! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by... Next week is going to be another busy one, full of jewelry making and reveals! I have a lot of happy things planned--we'll just have to see how many of them I get to do! (I have so many things to show, both for my Monthly Challenge and the FusionBeads 30 Day Bead Challenge, as well as two other challenges that I'll hopefully finish this weekend. Whee!)

Happy Friday, everyone!


12 comments:

  1. I love the silver filagree work in the earrings. The filagree is perfect for the design. Perfect color choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet earrings. in my eyes i can see them swaying . i love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "ooo and ahhh" factor in these! I also see you went for the same group of colors I was drawn to --the dark blue, turquoise, and orange. They are yummy colors, and what an elegant design in silver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The earrings are stunning! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, these certainly have the wow factor! Love the filagree and the colours you chose x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors give a turkish feel to the piece that I love - great use of filigree components

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful earrings. I love the way you draped the chain with the beaded drops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the colors you chose to go with the filigree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vintage girl here loving the chandelier filigree of your beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These have such a worldly flair. They would be right at home in a bazaar marketplace! They have wonderful movement and would bring flair to any outfit! Thank you for playing along with me in the March We're All Ears Challenge. Check back on April 1st for our next inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Filigree makes so much sense for this challenge... yet it never occurred to me, lol. Your wire work and color choices are just lovely. This is definitely a pair of earrings with impact!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I read stories about the woman visiting the mosques these were the earrings I envisioned them wearing. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)