Sunday, August 30, 2015

Art Jewelry Elements - August Component of the Month - Reveal!

It's August 30th... And that means that it's time to show off what I made with the Art Jewelry Elements August Component of the Month! Yay!

As a reminder, this month's components are rustic stoneware coin pendants, made by Diane Ptaszynski of Suburban Girl Studio. Since I didn't win the drawing for a free component, I ended up going to her store and purchasing this beauty...


I love the archaeological-artifact vibe of this piece.

And, without further ado, this is what I made with it! 



I made this set with violet pearls, crystal, brass, and frosty aquamarine nuggets... and, truthfully, it was a joy to make. The pendant arrived in the mail as soon as I returned from vacation, and in less than 2 days, everything was complete. 

It is always so ridiculously satisfying when things just come together!






A quick note about the photos... the aquamarine is actually more blue than shows up in these pictures. The juxtaposition of light and dark in the necklace--coupled with the overcast Ohio weather and uncooperative natural light--made it ridiculously hard to capture the true color of this set. I will try to take better pictures when the light gets better... If I'm unable to, however, please know that this set is truly stunning in person!



I am so, so glad that I was able to participate in this blog hop... It is always a delight to work with beautiful handmade components, and this was definitely no exception. Thank you so much, team of Art Jewelry Elements--and Diane specifically--for making this possible!

And thank you for stopping by! Please check out the
 Art Jewelry Elements blog, and the links below, to see what the other designers made!


Guests
Jenny Kyrlach (you are here!)

AJE Team

Have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

  1. Jenny, thank you so much for joining in the challenge! I love that you went with a more romantic design to combine with such a rustic piece! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jenny! I love the mix of the earthy pendant and antique brass metal with the delicately pretty pearls and aquamarine nuggets. Great design and technique and the chain like dangle off the pendant is the perfect element to balance the overall feel of the necklace. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely nature inspired pieces! I bet it looks absolutely stunning when worn.

    Thanks for participating in the design challenge and for reading AJE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece! I love it the colors and the little leaves.. very dainty..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! All the colors just seem to talk to each other. It is so feminine and soft looking. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I love long dangles and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely set you created! I love the combination of the metal and the ethereal beads. The addition of the beaded chain dangle balances everything perfectly. With the earrings, this set will be absolutely stunning worn. By the way, I noticed in your previous post that you are a tangler. Me, too! Isn't it a joy? Thanks for sharing your lovely designs with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I'm actually new to the way of tangling, but I am already quite addicted! It is a true joy, and a wonderful way to focus and de-stress... And what fun to know others that do it, too! :D

      Delete
  8. That looks like a lot of wire wrapping you must have the paitence of a saint, but very much worth it, what a beautiful set, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nic contract from the rustic coin to the faceted fancy crystals/gems. Im sure thats fun to wear as the chain and dangles move...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty piece and nice selection of beads to accent Diana's focal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the contrast between the rustic "feel" of the chain and pendant and the more elegant feel of the pearls and stones. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet this is a really stunning eye catcher when worn. Drama in the best sense of the word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you created a beautiful piece. I love the mix of crystals, wire and art beads,,,my favorite components.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)