Thursday, November 8, 2018

Today's Earrings: Wooden Drops

Today's earrings were made in a bit of a hurry this morning. 

You see, I woke up and realized that I wasn't going to be at my craft table much today. Or at all, really. I had plans to spend time with one of my sisters-in-law, so I really needed to make the earrings before I left.

...And so I made these, with 5 minutes to spare:


They are made with silvertone metal and beautiful, long wooden drops. I actually wanted to make them a little more complicated, but time (and lack of longer headpins) kept me from doing so. 

Still, I call it a win!

...Oh! And, as a added bonus for today, I wanted to share where I ended up going with my sister-in-law.


We're both doing NaNo this year, so we decided to go to the Art Museum and just walk around and explore, maybe find a place to write. 

We meandered through the painting galleries, which was a great deal of fun. I have always loved Art History, so Art Museums make me happy. My sister-in-law was an Art major in college--and is a very talented artist--so it was cool to hear her thoughts on what we saw.  

...And then we found the library.

On a whim, we went in... and there we remained until we had to leave. So many cool books! It's a non-circulating library, so we couldn't check anything out, but what fun to look at what they had! 

Here is my reading of choice:



An entire book on clasps! And another one on the history of beads! *swoon* I didn't have enough time to read either of those volumes in their entirety, but it was so wonderful to look through them.

...You know, I forget sometimes just how incredibly exhilarated I get when I'm learning new things, and researching things I find fascinating. It's definitely high on my list of favorite things. It looks like I just have to go back one of these days!

Anyway, that's what I've been up to today. Creating earrings and looking at art, and learning the history of the box clasp. It's been such a good day.

I hope you all have wonderful days, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)