Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Today's Earrings: Fun with Patinas

Quick Note: This entry is going to replace my usual Wednesday's Worktable post for this week... Mostly because these daily earrings are what I'm working on. At least, currently. I may have additional projects in the weeks to come, but for right now--it's all earrings, all the time! :)
---

For today's earrings, I played around and did a fun little experiment using Vintaj patinas:


I have had those central donut components for a very long time now... And I have never used them because, I realized, I didn't like their original finish. So, today--on a whim--I took out my patinas and decided to spruce them up a bit. I tried to layer the patina in such a way that it wasn't completely flat, but instead gives them a bit of mottled interest. I then paired them with gold metal and vintage acrylic pearls that I salvaged from an old necklace. 

...I'm honestly not entirely sure if I like them enough to keep them this way, but they were still very fun to make. The vintage acrylic means that they're very lightweight--and they do have a lovely sway. Whatever I decide to do with them, I think they're a fun entry for today. :)

Thanks for stopping by today... Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)