Friday, November 8, 2019

Day 8: Fun with Yarn

Alternate Title: 
Earrings I had planned to make for my Picasso challenge last month, but didn't get a chance to.


These earrings are made with wood, silverstone metal, and trellis yarn that I cut into segments and made into tassels. 

I actually found the yarn at Scrap It Up last month and immediately thought of the Picasso challenge that I was working on at the time. Strong black lines and cubes of various of brown? That absolutely fit the Picasso painting I was using as inspiration. I picked the accompanying wood beads because of their interesting geometric shapes--fitting, again, based on the inspiration painting.


It was fun finally getting a chance to make these, even though I didn't finish them in time for last month's reveal. My worktable table is full of unfinished projects like that, and it's always happy when I'm able to do justice to my previous ideas. :)

Thanks for stopping by today! I have successfully completed a full week of earrings, and I'm still going strong. :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

--

P.S. One more week for my Picasso-inspired giveaway! For more details, go here or here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)