Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday Check-In

Songbirds Update:

This morning, I took over 800 pictures of Songbirds Tribute.

...That means I'm about halfway done.

*headdesk*

Apparently, my sheer volume of creativity is exhausting.



Bead Soup Update:

I have used this extra week to make another two items to go with my soup, and also tweaked one of my other pieces. I had actually planned to do a complete overhaul, but it turns out that only a minor adjustment was needed.

I am much, much happier now.

I'm still nervous, mind you... Especially after seeing many of the pieces made by other artists for the first reveal. Part of me is still wondering if my offerings are "good enough." Confidence continues to be something that I need to work on, I suppose.

But, I am pleased with what I've made--and I had fun doing it.  

I call it a success.



Everything Else Update:

There are buds on the trees--beautiful and Springlike and green, and absolutely brutal to my sinuses. Go awaaaaay head pressure.


I am doing my habitual cleaning-off-my-craft-room-table, which means that everything is in upheaval... 

Once more I've been taking refuge in knitting.


...Ultimately, I am exhausted.

My sleep has been wonky recently, due in part to the aforementioned head pressure. (Woke up at 4:30 this morning for no reason, bleh.)

More than that, though--I am recovering from the powerful creative surge that I experienced last month.  It was a beautiful, awesome swell of creating and making things... But at a pace that was not sustainable, so I am reeling a bit from the of outpouring of energy.

Do I regret it? Of course not!! 

But I need to be gentle with myself, and not be angry with myself for being tired.


And so life continues apace--full of beautiful things. Like sunsets through trees. Like teal yarn with a silver edge.

Like falling asleep at the computer at night, and not being upset with myself for doing so.

And so, that is how things stand on this Wednesday check-in.

I hope that you are all doing well, and that this week is treating you kindly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)