Saturday, November 14, 2020

Day 14: Dream Swirls

So, last night I had an interesting dream.

I dreamt that I made a pair of earrings. The beads for these earrings were pink glass rounds and white pearls (and, okay, they were a gift from a bronze dragon in disguise who ran a bookstore in London--because my brain is an interesting place). When I finished making them, I gave the pair to my sister.

Then, when I woke up, I remembered the design exactly. And what's more--I had the exact same beads. So I put them together--and yes, I will be giving them to my sister.



And, since I technically have already used the pink-and-white colorway for this month's challenge, I decided to make another pair, too. 

For this one, I used silver vintage acrylic rounds and pearls, as well as a heavier gauge wire than in the dream.




Now, I realize that this probably isn't a revolutionary design. Since it's essentially dangling things from handmade headpins, I'm sure there are several variations out there. 

But I still think it's pretty cool to dream about a design, and then be able to wake up and make them--in the exact same beads that I dream about, even. I certainly find inspiration everywhere... including my dreams! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today... Have a wonderful day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)