Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - September Reveal, Part 5

...I am slowly, slowly making my way through this reveal. I have so many more things to show--I might not be done by the end of the month. Ah well! I'll get there. :)

For today's reveal, I'm going to share what I made with the beads in the middle left cubby seen in the muffin tin below.


If you look closely, you can see some bright silver jumprings and blue glass teardrops. Underneath those, not seen, are some creamy bone rondelles.

Before I get to what I made, however, here is some background on that particular project. You see, that collection of beads is actually from last month's Pretty Palettes.


Which brings me to a quick sidenote. I am going to take a moment to share something else that I made this month to go along with this palette. Yep--you guessed it! A mask!


...I am so ridiculously happy with how the colors and theme of the mask match the colors and theme of the challenge, I just had to share.

Ahem.

Now to go back to the beads at hand.

So, what did I make with the beads in that cubby? Well, I made this:



It's a combination of shaggy loop chainmaille and wire-wrapping. I actually debated doing the shaggy loops all the way around, but decided that I liked the combination of techniques better. It has a gorgeous drape, and is quite a fun statement piece.


So, that is what I made from those beads!

...And, just for fun, I'll share the project I made for the Pretty Palettes challenge last month, but just never got around to posting. You'll notice the jumprings, teardrops, and bone rondelles make another appearance.




And, with that, today's reveal is done! Another project finished! It was fun playing around with some other techniques for this one, reminding myself that I am capable of making things other than tassels. :)

So, there you go. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I am coming across a "shaggy loop chainmaille." I would love to learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)