Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September Reveal - SJ Designs Jewelry Honey Do List Design Challenge

Sarajo Wentling, of SJ Designs Jewelry, has been continuing her Honey Do List challenge... and this month, I've been able to play along. Hurray! 

Here is the picture that served as the inspiration for this month:


And this is what her husband Eric has to say about it:
This flower is from a trip to Florida, ages before the COVID times stopped us from traveling.  I went low key on it to make the flower itself pop.  I like contrast of colors in this one and hopefully it will speak to folks. 

For this challenge, I was inspired by the combination of colors--complimentary colors, black and white, purple and yellow. And so, I rummaged through my stash, found two types of purple Czech flowers, and came up with this set:


It all came together very quickly--I decided not to agonize too much about it, and just make the first design that came to mind. 

Honestly, I'm pretty happy how it turned out... Although, truth be told, there are a few things I might end up tweaking, construction-wise. Namely, I want to remake the pendant with a thicker gauge wire... I'm not completely pleased with how delicate it is. Still! I like the design, and am pleased with how nicely the components balance each other.

Here is a more complete view of the necklace, just for fun:


And I have a bonus project to share! 

Recently, I have been making masks to go along with challenges, too. I figure if I have to wear masks, they might as well be cute! And how fun to have some that match the jewelry I make. Here is the one that I made for this challenge:


And so, there you go! Those are the items that I made for this challenge. Thank you, Sarajo and Eric, for continuing this lovely challenge, and picking such fun inspirations! I very rarely use this particular color combination, and I really like how it looks!

And thank you, everyone, for stopping by to see what I made. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along with us! Fun set that you made... and I'm glad that you just went where the design took you and didn't agonize. :) I have to say that I love, love, love the mask you made. It's adorable and I think that you're making a mask to go along with challenges is pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet designs! The mask matches perfectly and the jewelry set is a pretty nod to the inspiration for sure. Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)