Thursday, November 19, 2015

Today's Earrings: Wire-Wrapped Hoops

Yesterday, in my Wednesday's Worktable post, I mentioned that I've been pushing myself to try different earring styles. Most of them are rather awkward prototypes--hence why I haven't really been sharing them. 

Today, though, I actually had some success. And that success is what I'm counting as today's earrings.

I present: wire-wrapped hoops!

Made with magnesite, lapis lazuli, and metal.

Yes, they aren't perfect. Far from it. I could sit here and tell you all of the things wrong with them... But I'm not. Because, they actually aren't bad for a first attempt. And even though I didn't get them perfect on the first try (heh), it means that my jewelry making skills are still growing.

...And, honestly, being able to use lapis in a design is a win. I do love that stone. :) 

So, there you go! Thanks for stopping by today... Take care, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)