Thursday, November 26, 2015

Today's Earrings: Cranberry Pearls

Happy Thanksgiving!!

In honor of today's holiday, today's earrings are good enough to eat.

I kept the design simple, in an attempt to let these gorgeous pearls speak for themselves.

These are really beautiful freshwater pearls, plump and substantial, dyed a gorgeous dark red cranberry shade. And, honestly, they really do look like the fruit.

...Aside from the obvious food-oriented connection, I also decided to make these today because they remind me of things I'm thankful for. 

I'm thankful for my husband, who believes in my creative endeavors enough to buy me an expensive strand of pearls for me to play with. I'm thankful for my eyesight, for time and energy, and for space (our very own house--we've lived here for a year!) so that I actually can play with said pearls.

And I am thankful that I am here--and that I can enjoy being here. My life certainly hasn't been perfect, but it has led to this moment.

...And this moment, I am content.   

Thank you for joining me today... May you all have a wonderful, wonderful holiday! Don't eat too much turkey! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)