Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rainstorm - a Blog in 11 Pictures

Today, it rained.  Finally, thankfully, it rained.  It has been so dry here...  The storm that rolled in was as beautiful as it was torrential and windy.  There were no tornadoes that I know of, fortunately...  but there was a lot of water.


There were also a lot of pictures.  Here are a select few, chosen in an attempt to capture the whole meteorological spectrum that was today.


The morning was filled with threatening clouds and
high, high winds

The darkening sky...


Rain on the glass (and on the trees, and the porch, and...)

Tree through wet glass


We had errands to run...  here is the rain reflected in
the passenger side mirror


Droplets on the car window

Puddle-reflections...
My favorite picture of the day, I think


The brightening sky

Glorious sunset - beautiful even at the stop light


Gentle ending to a windy, tumultuous day 

Clouds through the trees

...I really do think that the puddle-reflection picture is my favorite.  I took it while running errands, as I watched my friend walk into the store.  There really is beauty in everyday life; I am trying to train myself to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)