Friday, October 15, 2010

Autumn Brilliance

I have mentioned before that Autumn is my favorite season, and October is one of my favorite months.


...This is one of the reasons why:




I absolutely love the leaves.  I love the leaves on the trees, I love the leaves on the ground.  I love the cool Autumn breezes that blow the leaves off the trees, making them fall like snow.  I love the leaf-colors of yellow and orange and red and brown.  There are so many clichés that can be used to describe Fall--that the trees look like they are aflame with color, that the air is crisp and cool.  Yet no matter how you end up describing it, it all boils down to this: I love Autumn.


And so I had lunch outside today, where I took this photo.  The little place that we found was perfect.  The trees all around us were fire-colored--bright orange and yellow.  The breeze was blowing, making the leaves dance to the ground.  When we walked to and from the car, our feet crunched in the foliage.  It encapsulated everything I love about this season.


It was truly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)