Friday, October 22, 2010

First Frost

This morning, when I woke, up, it was cold.  So cold, in fact, that the warm air inside had caused condensation on the window glass.




It was also our first frost of the season.  (At least, that I've noticed.)  And so, being the sillyhead that I am, I decided that the only way to celebrate was to take pictures.  Dressed cozily in layers, I trundled outside to commemorate the occasion.





The above leaf was beautiful--the veins laced with tiny tiny ice crystals.  It looked like filigree, honestly.  I was so happy that my pictures actually caught some of that dainty webbing!  (Be sure to click to enlarge the photos--you'll be able to see the details better.)






My attentions to the frost also did not go unnoticed.  Our kitty, Tolkien, decided to keep me company during the photo shoot.  Here he is, sitting on my feet and heartily purring.






And so, that was my morning--moments of crisp weather and a purring kitty, before going hither and yon on errands.  It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)