Monday, October 11, 2010

The One Ring

...And the Second Ring, and the Third Ring.



I came across these wonderful One Ring charms in a Lord of the Rings bookmark set that I have.  So, of course, I decided to use them for something other than what they were originally intended.  Now, I have a whole matching set!  


Who knows...  two of them could be decoys.  Which one is the real thing?




And now it's time for my disclaimer...


For the record, for the longest time I didn't want any One Ring jewelry.  After all, Frodo spent so much time and energy getting rid of his burden; technically, it's the embodiment of evil.  So, why would I want to voluntarily carry it?  I would much rather have one of the Elven rings--Vilya or Narya or Nenya.


Then, I got a replica Ring-with-necklace from the Lord of the Rings Online expansion set.  On a whim, I started wearing it.  I just wanted to see if anyone even recognized what it was.  Most people, amusingly enough, assumed that it was my wedding ring.  Only a few people seemed to even notice what it was.


So, I found that it is a rather effective way to weed out the fantasy and Tolkien lovers.


That first necklace is currently packed away (with the rest of my jewelry that I still can't find... I know it's down there somewhere...).  So, I decided to make another one in the meantime.  That is what led me to both my stash of antique gold chain, and my Lord of the Rings bookmark set.  Of course, one thing led to another--instead of just making another necklace, I made a whole set.  


So now, I have the One Ring.  And the Second Ring.  And the Third Ring.  


...And a Fourth Ring, which it still as yet unused.  I know exactly what I'm going to do with it, too.  *cue the manic laughter*  What have I said before?  That's right--nothing is safe from my artistic designs!  Be on the lookout for updates on how I use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)