Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What Do Owls and Journals Have in Common?

Today was a good day.  A busy day, but a good day.  Most of it was spent running hither and yon on errands.  The nice part of it, however, was that the errands did not last all day.  Once we were done, we had some time to go to a bookstore.  


And not only did we get to go to the bookstore, I found out that my gift card--the one that I've had for about 5 years now--was still valid.


That meant $10 that I just had to spend at the bookstore.


Bliss!


With said gift card, I bought two things: a present for my friend, and a new journal.  Here is the present for my friend--merchandise for the upcoming Guardians of Ga'hoole movie, and a bona fide beanie baby.  I present to you: Soren.


I love the look on his face!


His good side...


...Or is this his good side?  :)


I almost kept him for myself, but she was so genuinely excited about him that I just couldn't do it.  So cute!


However, I did keep the new journal...  and I am in love!


The front of the journal


Opening the journal 


I love the thin, crisp lines and smooth feel of the paper


And best of all: it lays flat!

I have always had a weak spot for paper products; I spent almost 20 minutes alone drooling in the paper/blank journals/cards section of the store.  It is no surprise, then, that this new journal has me practically bounding with joy--especially since I'm so darn picky about my journals, and I don't always find one that meets my specifications.  I love the possibility of new journals, the promise of the blank pages...  *contented sigh*  


It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)