Saturday, September 11, 2010

Posted - StarCraft Geekery!

To give some background: I had been idly toying with the idea of making a StarCraft jewelry set for myself.  My idea was to create something geeky, but still understated and elegant.

I began word-doodling in my notebook, trying to decide what colors I would associate with each of the races.  Terrans, I decided, would be shades of browns.  Protoss, because of their skin and armor and technology, would be blues and yellows and silvers.  The Zerg are more organic; they would be purple and green.

...Purple and green.  Hmmm, I said to myself, I have just the thing!

And so, in one morning, I had designed, glued, and photographed an entire line of StarCraft geekery. (I had wanted to post them that morning, too, but I was pulled away from my computer before that could happen.)  And these lovelies are what I have just posted to my store: my own line of StarCraft accessories!

I present the set that started it all, The Queen of Blades:



Next up is the Terran set, called Outlaw of Mar Sara:



And, last but not least, here is the Protoss set, called Selendis - High Executor:



My husband laughs at me, telling me that I have spent more time designing accessories than actually playing the game...  I say, at least I will now be able to play in style!  ;)

...I am inordinately pleased, but it probably doesn't take much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)