Saturday, September 25, 2010

Things to Come...

What does wire wrapping have in common with Tolkien's Silmarils?  Funny you should ask!  They are both things that I have been working on, and hope to post to my store (relatively) soon!


Here is the wire-wrapping:






...You may (or may not) notice that two of those sets are actually made using buttons.  That's right--buttons.  I have been on a wire-wrapping-button-kick this week, and those two sets are just some of the evidence.  Heh.  


I actually made a copy of the first set for myself...  I wore it yesterday when I went to the store, and the cashier complimented me on it.  It was a wonderful feeling to say: "I made it myself!"  (I then hesitantly said that I was trying to sell my jewelry online, to be corrected by my friend: "You ARE selling your jewelry online!"  I need to work on my confidence, it seems.)


I have even more buttons that I plan to use--namely, a large mason jar full of vintage ones.  I bought said jar at an antique store on vacation two years ago, buttons and all.  With those, I am contemplating making a button charm bracelet.  (Ahhhh, all of the juicy story ideas that could go along with that!)  I have plenty, so maybe I will even make two!


...And I haven't forgotten the promised Silmarils:





I have decided to start selling them in sets--simply because I have quite a few of them, and I think there are some that complement each other very well.  The above are some of the set ideas that I have.  (And they're not all--I have at least three other ones that I am contemplating...)


As per usual, I am coming up with wonderful things more quickly than I can post them.  I dream them up faster than I can make them--and I make them faster than I can post them!  Ah well.  At least I actually started listed my autumn line before it was officially autumn!


...And now, to taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)