Sunday, September 12, 2010

Behind the Scenes...

Remember this post?  In it, I talked about hairsticks that I've been working on, giving tantalizing glimpses of things to come.  Forward ahead to my last post, where I talked about how I designed, assembled, and photographed hairsticks all in one morning.  Well, both references are to the same morning--a morning that I also happened to capture in pictures.


Pictures that I have decided to post here.


So, for those who are interested, here is a peak behind the scenes--answering the all important question: what does it look like when I work on hair sticks?  


Enjoy!


The set that started it all: Queen of Blades.
The toppers have been glued on this pair, but that is all.


Gluing the Protoss set.


All three pairs of StarCraft hairsticks...
All of the toppers are glued, waiting to be attached to the sticks.


I didn't just stop at the StarCraft sets...  here you can also
see the Sunburst dragon, a Volturi set that I put together,
and a few other treats.  All are waiting to be attached to sticks.


Attaching the topper to the stick...
I have to hold it in place until the glue sets.


Gluing another topper to its stick--
Not sure what to call this pair, though.


Fully assembled hairsticks!
Now all I have to do is wait for them to dry.


Another shot of the finished products.

And, there you go!  Stunning, I know.  They really are a great deal of fun to put together--and I am very pleased to announce that at no point did I glue my fingers together!  I count that as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)