Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vacation Crafting, Part 2: Knitting!

I realize that I have not talked about knitting much recently.

Rest assured, I have been knitting--particularly on my Blanket of Doom (tm).  Indeed, that was one of the crafts I worked on while on vacation.

This was my pile of yarn on the cabin mantle--
including 
a sample panel, the yarn for four different blanket panels,
and a skein of practice yarn.  

(What was I practicing?  That's for another entry.)

Another shot of the yarn--
the multi-color and blank will be one panel,
the dark blue and blue-multi will be another.

Piles of blanket panels--one finished,
one almost finished.


Now, I have mentioned briefly in the past that I've been working on a blanket panel with a striping pattern based on the Fibonacci series.  I made up the pattern myself--using two colors, which increase and decrease inversely.  The amounts of rows in each stripe is determined by the first eight numbers in the Fibonacci series: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21.

Okay, I realize that might not make sense.  It's a bit convoluted to explain.  

So, here are some pictures:


The Fibonacci series in action!

Another view...  this time, obviously,
going in the other direction.
 
Knitting on the front porch.


I also worked on a pretty rainbow panel, a twin to the one I've already made.  In fact, once all is said and done, I'm considering naming this my Double Rainbow Blanket.  *smirk*

...How close am I to finishing the blanket?

I honestly have no clue. 

I finally have an idea of how I want it to look, but the current dimensions of it are huge.  Each panel is roughly nine feet long--and I want it to be roughly square-ish.  Nine feet!  Maybe I'll make it that big and fold it in half, making a double-sided blanket.  Maybe I'll make it that big and leave it that way.  Or maybe instead of a blanket, I'll make a knitted tarp.  (Or maybe not.)  

Oh, the possibilities!

However it turns out, I'm sure it will be beautiful.  It might just take forever to complete.

...I never do anything small, do I?

3 comments:

  1. "Or maybe instead of a blanket, I'll make a knitted tarp." Bwahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Or a curtain to hang in front of those blinds in the living room... ;)

      Delete
  2. Double rainbow blanket--love it! And a scarf based on Fibonacci? Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)