Friday, October 5, 2012

Thursday's Table... Really, This Time...

So, what is currently on my crafting table?

This is what's currently on my crafting table:


From top to bottom:
A bracelet
A headband
And
Two different pewter filigrees

And I can just imagine you asking: 

What do those things have to do with a trip to the Zoo?

To answer that question, let me show you the only souvenir I picked up while there:

It's a manatee penny!  Yipee!

My plan is to create something happy and jewelry-like with that little smashed penny.

I got the idea  from an awesome blog that I follow, called Epbot.  The writer, also named Jen, has made a lot of jewelry using smashed pennies, as you can see herehere, and even here.  I have been wanting to follow her lead for awhile now--and now I finally have a penny, to do exactly that!

...The only problem is, I can't decide what I want to do with it.

I can use this to make a pendant, probably on a choker,
and with some chain and beads dangling down.

This could also be a choker pendant, again with the chain and
the beads and the prettiness.

Oh, look, it's a bracelet!

...And then there's always wearing it in my hair...

This is where I get fancy--using the filigree on the headband.

Same idea as the last picture, only using the smaller filigree.

So, that's what's on my table: a really awesome smashed penny that I want to use to create something pretty.

I just have to decide which design I like best.

Or maybe just obtain more smashed pennies, so that I can do them all.  :D


...Just out of curiousity, is there a basic design that you like best?  Of course, I'll probably embellish the idea that I decide on--and I'll try to remember to post pictures here, when I'm done!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I like it on a bracelet. You don't have many of those. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true! Maybe I'd actually wear bracelets more if I had some...

      If I get to go back to the zoo, maybe I could make a matching necklace/bracelet pair!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)