Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday's Table... Sort Of...

In order to show what is currently on my table, I first need to first tell a story.

...A story of going to the Zoo.

Last Monday, I had the wonderful fortune of going to the Zoo with my sister-in-law, and her three lovely children.  (And I'm not saying that sarcastically--they are really awesome kids.)  The weather was perfect--bright and sunny, and a little chilly.

What did we see? 

For that part of the story, I think I'll just show you:  


A Trip to the Zoo in 20 Pictures

We saw elephants through the trees...

...and alligators hiding under rocks.

There was a pacing puma...

...and an owl that was so still that I wasn't even sure it was real.
At least until it moved its head.

Here are some fossa, asleep...

...And a Malayan Tiger that was quite awake.
It's head was bigger than both my hands, side by side.

The elusive white tiger, enjoying the shade.

It took me a few moments to find them, but here are two
snow leopards, also enjoying some shade.

This male peacock really, really wanted some of our lunch.

...He even posed for some pictures.

The enormous silver-back gorilla, stretching.

Here is a sculpture outside one of the buildings,
indicating what's inside.

MANATEES!!

Our Zoo is one of two outside of Florida that actually has manatees...
They are part of a rehabilitation program.

This was actually my first time seeing manatees...  I was in love.

A stoic rhinoceros, posing for the camera.

...And a polar bear doing the same.

The lighting on this bear was stunning--I did my best to capture
the moment.

Ducks!

One of the last things we did was take the train, which took us
by this lake, as well as some of the animals.  So fun!

So, why did I have to show you these pictures, in order to show you what's currently on my table?

Well, stay tuned, and tomorrow I'll show you!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)