Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nothing is Safe...

*cue the evil laughter!*


Ahem.  Perhaps I should explain: nothing is safe from being used in my creative projects!  Mwahahahaha!


I was extremely industrious this morning.  So far today, I have made toppers for approximately 6 pairs of hairsticks.  (I haven't glued them yet--that's the next step.)  I have also started work on two other projects--each using unconventional materials.  Interested?  Of course you are.  


Project #1: The Button Charm Bracelet
As I previously mentioned (I believe in this post), I have a wonderful vintage jar filled with just as wonderful vintage buttons. 




I purchased said jar a few years ago at an antique store, knowing that one day I would find the perfect project for all of those buttons.  And, I believe I have found it: making a button charm bracelet.



Now, upon examining the buttons, it is quiet evident that they actually need to be cleaned and sorted.  Some of them are lucite, some of them are glass, some of them are metal--but all of them have a sheen of wonderful vintage dust.  Some of them have the thread still attached. Some of them even have scraps of fabric attached to said affixed thread.




So, today I started doing just that: sorting and cleaning the buttons.  I did not get very far, but I am excited still at my progress.  This may take awhile, but I definitely think that it's worth it!


I have no clever segue, so on to project 2!


Project #2: Fun with Erasers!
I love office supplies.  As such, I couldn't help but be inspired by a wonderful little package of pencil-top erasers:



So bright and cheery, aren't they?  So, that made me think...  how could I use them in my craft projects?  Just a little bit of puttering about, and ta-da!  


I present to you, Eraser Earrings:



And it doesn't stop there!  Here are eraser earrings and hairstick!





Silly, perhaps, but a great deal of fun.  I am still poking around, trying to figure out if there are other ways that I can use them...  If I think of anything, I'm sure I'll post about it here.


What will be next?  Acorn caps?  Bookmark tassels?  Hexnuts?  (Oh, wait--I've already used that last one...  I'm sure I'll post about those at some point...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)