Sunday, September 22, 2019

We're All Ears - September Reveal

It's been awhile since I've participated in the We're All Ears challenge, hosted by the talented Erin Prais-Hintz over on Earrings Everyday, but I'm happy to say that I was able to join in this month. Yay!

The inspiration this month was dots. Specifically, polka dots. 

At first, I was a little befuddled about what to make for this challenge... I'm not usually drawn to polka dot beads. With a little rummaging through my stash, though, I found two pairs of lampwork beads that I knew would work just perfectly for this challenge. So, I made two pairs of earrings. :)

The first pair is long and dangly and playful, and features a lot of swirly handmade headpins:


And the second pair is less dangly and more refined, with a more subtle color palette:


I had a lot of fun making both pairs of earrings. I enjoyed coming up with different ways to represent the polka dots. There are the obvious dots on the lampwork beads, as well as the less obvious dots of the headpin bottoms, the dots of color in the dangle, and the simple white "dots" on the bottom of the second pair. :)

So, there you go! That's what I made for this challenge. Oh, and this is a blog hop... Be sure to hop over to Earrings Everyday to see what everyone else made!

Thanks so much for stopping by today... Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! They're both great ways to incorporate dots into earrings. I'm fond of the second pair myself, but they're both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you were able to make such different moods with the polka dots, despite not being a your favorite pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playful and fun! I like the way you pulled the dots out of the first one into the dangles. And you can't go wrong with white dots on any color. Thanks for playing along with me! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)