Monday, September 30, 2019

Pretty Palettes - September Reveal

It's the last day of September--the last hours of September, actually--and I wanted to finally share the necklaces that I made for this month's Pretty Palettes. They took a little longer to make, but I'm super excited with them!

First things first, here is the gorgeous palette that I got to work with this month:


...and here is what I made!


Necklace #1


This is, hands down, one of the the largest tassels I have ever made. If you count the strands, there are actually 12 of them, as opposed to my customary 10. The vintage Italian lucite focal just called for a wider tassel... and I am so, so pleased with how it turned out.


Materials include amethyst, Czech glass, pearl, larvikite, glass, brass, and the aforementioned vintage Italian lucite. For being so long, it is remarkably lightweight--and the movement is simply wonderful.

...Yeah, I'm definitely in love with this necklace.



Necklace #2


This second necklace includes the same beads as the previous necklace, but I wanted to make something using silver metal as opposed to brass. I actually made it with a different pendant first, but once it was done I decided I preferred the black agate crystal instead. So! I changed it up--and, once again, I am very pleased. :)


So, there you go! That is what I made for this month's Pretty Palettes. I truly loved this palette, and am excited that I have extra beads to play with. We'll see if I end up making anything else.

And now September is winding to a close... Happy soon-to-be-October, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)