Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Wednesday's Worktable

Today's worktable post is going to be a little different. Instead of showing you a work in progress, I'm going to tell you a story.

The story begins yesterday, when I went out to coffee with one of my sisters-in-law. It's a weekly routine we do, and it's wonderful way to connect and hang out and talk about art and creating things.

On a whim, we tried a new coffee shop: Apricot Coffee House.


I immediately loved the atmosphere of the place. It's welcoming and bright, with eclectic decor and Vietnamese coffee on the menu (seen above; it was really good). They also have tasty food... and a few shelves of local art for sale.

As we were leaving--again, on a whim!--I introduced myself as a jewelry designer and inquired what I might need to do to sell some of my jewelry there, too. I completely expected to have her say to come back next week, perhaps with some samples and a portfolio/resume... instead she said that she was going to available today and would love to see a display of my work.

...Only, I didn't actually have a display set up.

Cue the intense go-shopping-and-assemble-an-earring-display-from-scratch scramble. Still, I think it turned out really well!


The owner of the coffee house thought so, too, because now the earrings are officially on sale at the coffee shop:


Imagine!

So, that is the story of how, in approximately 24 hours, I went from trying a new coffee shop on a whim to having my jewelry on sale front and center on their shelves. I am utterly amazed and thrilled and rather dumbfounded at how well it all went... This is the first time I've done something like this, and the whirlwind is rather exhilarating.

Also, I have had a lot of coffee in the process. I am currently very, very caffeinated. :)

So, there you go. That is what I've been up to this week. Hah! Never a dull moment, for sure.

Thanks so much for stopping by today... I hope everyone has a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)