Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hello, June!

...and hello, June's worktable!

It's always fun when the first of the month is on a Wednesday... It means that I get to start the month by sharing an immediate glimpse at what I've been working on. :)

So! Just what is on my worktable this week?

I'll give you a hint:


That's right... I'm working on pearl knotting!

Success!

...Or really, any sort of knotting. 

I've been playing around with both silk and waxed linen, and am happy to report that I've actually been having success! Hurray! I know that I've mentioned having issues in this area before (it was even in this earlier worktable post, from March), and I am thrilled finally to be making headway. Something has finally clicked, and I'm making consistent, neat knots that are flush with the beads.

Yay!


To show that this success is not just a fluke, here is a necklace I made this past weekend. (It's one of the items I made for May's Bargain Bead Box, since this past weekend was still in May.)

...And, yes, it's knotted on silk:



It's so extremely satisfying to have success in an area that has been, up until now, rather challenging. Another skill to add to my jewelry-making toolbox... Hurray!

Here's to hoping for continued--and additional--success to come this month!

Happy June, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)