Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday's Worktable

This week has been nuts.

One of my very good friends from Maryland decided to make an impromptu visit this week. You see, there were three of us that used to be inseparable when I lived in Maryland: myself, my best friend who currently lives near me, and this friend who now lives in DC--who I've not seen since my wedding, over 7 years ago. 

And, this week, the three of us are back together again. Heh. 

We've been doing lots of catching up--and lots of going out and about. Oh, and couple that with the fact that yesterday was my husband's birthday (Happy Birthday, darling!), and yeah. 

Nuts.

Two souvenirs from her visit!
A necklace from the Aquarium and a coloring book from Barnes and Noble.

So, what have we been doing? 

Well, there was a trip to the Newport Aquarium. There was a trip to Barnes and Noble. There was a trip to watching Finding Dory. There was a covert trip to get my husband a birthday cake. There was a trip to Graeters and Skyline and other quintessential Cincinnati type things. 

Page from the above coloring book.
Did I mention that my friend bought it for me?

Oh, and there was also the minor car accident on Monday. 

Don't panic--no one was injured, and there was little damage to the cars, and all the people involved were very nice. It was just nerve-wracking, is all. 

Apparently, we make stories wherever we go.


...Now, what I haven't been doing is beading.

At all.

I haven't made a single piece of jewelry this week--which is very, very strange for me. No necklaces, no earrings, no bracelets. 

Nothing.

I do have plans to make this into another necklace!
At some point. Not today.

I suppose that's all right, though. After all, it's not everyday that I get reunited with a friend I haven't seen for years.

I am so, so glad that she's been able to visit. My beads will be there next week... For now, it's time to make some happy memories!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today... Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)