Friday, June 10, 2016

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - June Edition

First things first, I need to give credit where credit is due: the idea for this month's challenge comes from my husband.

If you've been following my blog for any amount of time, you know that I've been doing a lot of big statement pieces recently. (I definitely love tassels!)

That's why, when I asked for his input, my husband challenged me to do some more minimalistic jewelry this month. And, being a programmer who likes logic and clearly defined parameters, he gave me a specific rule: I need to make jewelry designs that incorporate 15 beads or less.


...15 beads.

Or less.

No ginormous 70+ bead tassel necklaces for this challenge!

Hmmm... Randomly selected piles of 15 beads each. Some possibilities there!

Oh, and some fine print... I can use as many findings as needed--chain, wire, beadcaps, tiny little seed beads to make sure that beads don't slide off headpins... You get the idea. And I'm also going to aim to not make anything that is just a bead on a chain--although, depending on how much my muse cooperates, it might come to that! ;)

I've been poking around at some different beads, trying to get some ideas...




...So, come back on Friday, June 24th to see what I create for this challenge! 

(That seems a little early, I know, but that is technically the last Friday in June. So! That's what I'll go with.)

Until then, thanks for stopping by... And thanks to my husband for helping me come up with this challenge!

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is indeed a challenge. I can't wait to see what you came up with (I'm methodically making my way through my feed-reader so it could be a few days. . .oh, the suspense! :) )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)