Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wednesday's Worktable

I have a confession to make: I actually haven't gotten a chance to work on much beading this week.

So sad, right?

And I don't even have much to show for my redirected efforts, either, since recently a lot of my time has been devoted to Adulting--and that's not particularly photogenic. (I mean, unless you really want pictures of me doing yardwork and vacuuming and exercising and balancing the budget, all while waiting for the laundry to dry. Yeah, that's what I thought--beads are so much more interesting.)

But, for today, I did snap a few pictures of what's on my beadtable... Something I've been playing with, on and off:



Magnesite sticks! 

...Bricks? Spears? Rectangles? Spikes? 

I don't actually know what this particular cut is called, but I've been enjoying poking at them. This shape is not something I usually play with, so it's been fun experimenting. So many possibilities!



Heh... And another confession: my first necklace design did not turn out so well. That's all right, though--I quickly dismantled it, and now I'm back to playing!

I realize that this isn't the longest entry in the world, but that's okay... not every week has to have a surge of creative output. I'm just happy for the opportunity to do what I love--even in the midst of being busy.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)