Monday, February 22, 2016

Reveal - SJ Designs Jewelry Honey Do List February Design Challenge!

This month, I've had the wonderful fortune to be a part of a bunch of different design challenges. The one I'm writing about today was organized by Sarajo Wentling of SJ Designs Jewelry

Each month, her husband gives her a jewelry design challenge (hence the name Honey Do List)... And this month, she invited others to join her! You see, for February her husband put together a color palette based on one of his photos.

What color palette? Well, this color palette:

Not my photo!
Courtesy of SJ Designs Jewelry.

It's so nice and Spring-y!

...And, based on that inspiration, this is what I made!

A tassel necklace and a pair of earrings!

I had a great deal of fun making this set--from picking out the beads to match the photo, to designing it, to watching it come together as I made the links. I was particularly happy when I found a beautiful copper flower to serve as a focal piece--not just drawing from the color palette, but from the inspiration photo itself. (I even found a copper flower toggle clasp--woo!)

For those curious, the materials include red aventurine, three different shades of freshwater pearl, Czech glass, vintage acrylic, and copper.



With so many grey winterish days this February, it was a joy to work with something so bright and warm!

(Disclaimer: and when I say grey winterish days, I am not including the random 70 degree days like this past Saturday. Thank you random Cincinnati weather. Still, this set felt quite appropriate for the sporadic pleasant days--a reminder of a lovely Spring to come!) 


Thank you so much, Sarajo, for inviting people to play along with you! And thank you, blog visitor, for stopping by!

And, because I enjoy spreading the designing happiness, here are the other people who are participating:

Sarajo Wentling  (our hostess!)


I, for one, am excited to see what everyone made! 

7 comments:

  1. The colors are spectacular! Your earrings are perfect for the necklace. Your copper pieces work really well. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun necklace set! I am in awe of your wire wrapping skills! Your color palette is on the mark and your bead selection fits the photo ( as well as you flower finds)! My favorite part is definitely the tassel, what a fun idea to do a wire wrapped tassel AND ITS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a statement piece! Very cool cascade effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stunning Necklace.You captured the photo marvolously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing design! I love all the shades of green and orange you pulled in... especially smitten with the yummy pearls and stones you found! Your flower components are just the perfect touch too. Thanks so much for playing along with me this month! It's ever so much fun when you have a group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW. Love how you put all the different type beads together. They really made out into a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)