Friday, October 16, 2015

This honestly has nothing to do with anything...

...but I made it a week ago, and it makes me happy.

So I thought I'd share.

You might recognize that pendant and those earring feathers from this entry.

I was actually working on something else, when I was suddenly taken with the inspiration--and incredible desire--to make this set. It's made with brass and antique gold and carnelian--and lots of little fiddly wire-wraps (made even more fiddly since those carnelian saucer beads are only 2-3mm thick).

It's also inspired by a certain character from L.S. Baird's Songbirds of Valnon... Yes, the very same book that I made a huge amount of jewelry for a couple years ago. I know she's writing the sequel... And it's always exciting to see stories, and characters, continue to grow.

And it's always fun making jewelry that connects with someone else's story.

...This set makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very mythic and mysterious! Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very lovely set for sure. I can see why it makes you happy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)